[OM] Dang this must be simple, I can't figure it out . . .

Subject: [OM] Dang this must be simple, I can't figure it out . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:30:33 EDT
The question is: How do I get the shutter on my OM 2S to stay open for a
minute or two without using a cable release.

Why I want to do it:  I'm working on a project in a lighting  class which
deals with painting with light.  Any who have Ralph  Hattersley's book,
"Photographic Lighting" will probably know the project.   Some of the old fa*ts
on this
list or the perhaps young ones who like old  books will know the project.

The set up: I want to set the camera up, open the shutter and while I'm
painting the areas I want lit, to shine the light thru the lens from the back
of
the camera.  The back will be removed although you won't be able to tell it
as the shot will be from the front.  I could use another body other than  the
OM 2S, however the one I'm planning on using has cool Morgan Sparks red  lizard
skin on it.

Ideas? Actually, I'd settle for answers.  The answer I suspect is  a "forest
for the trees" kind of deal.  Bill  Barber