[OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.

Subject: [OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:05:09 +0000
I watched the video, although I admit I had one eye on something else and
didn't give it my full attention.  However, wrong as I may be, I seem to recall
that in the shot he demonstrated taken of a woman standing probably no more
than 8-10 feet away, the exposure was at f/1.4.  Spreading all that light
around seems to eat up a lot of them lumen things.

It ain't the $39.  I've paid both more, and less, than that for crap that I
thought would be wonderful, but that never got out of the closet after I tried
it out one time.  Hell, I spent just under $100 for a monopod from Adorama a
couple of years ago that collapses everytime it touches the ground.

Good luck.  Didn't mean to fire off your test button.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --