[OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.

Subject: [OM] Re: A loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.This is on topic.
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 19:07:23 +0000
That's it, the "Podmatic" imitation of the Linhof monopod!  Too late, though,
to get it replaced under any sort of warranty, real or imaginary.  I got tired
of f***ing with it and epoxied the five sections of the damn thing together.
Now it doesn't collapse at the slightest contact with the ground.

In retrospect, I could've gone to Ace Hardware and bought a piece 1" wooden
dowel, put a 1/4x20 screw in the top, and saved 80-some-odd dollars.  The dowel
might weigh a few ounces more, but I wouldn't have had to use up some of my
valuable epoxy supply to keep it stiff and upright.

Doesn't matter, though.  Lesson learned.  The monopod I use is a Stoney Point.
Weighs less, collapses only when told to, and is, even if the "Podmatic" really
worked correctly, twice as nice at a third the price.  The "Podmatic" is
another of those POS things I bought because some photo rag writer, a.k.a
shill, touted it highly.  Mr. Keppler can kiss my ass/arse.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --