[OM] Re: Zeiss Ikon site up

Subject: [OM] Re: Zeiss Ikon site up
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:20:36 -0400
Peter, IMO, the easiest way to try RF photography is with one of the
fine fixed lenses RFs that are readily available on the used market.
Good examples can be had for less than $100 and can make very fine
images.  I particularly like the Oly 35 SP (full size), Oly 35 RC
(medium size) and XA (the original clamshell design and reasonably
pocketable).  Steve Gandy's site is a treasure trove of information on
RFs in general:

http://cameraquest.com/classics.htm

The fixed lens models are in the section with the heading "Compact 35's".

You might also consider joining the RF forum at:

rangefinderforum.com/

Very nice group, almost on the same level as that OM crowd . . .  ;o)

hth/ScottGee1