[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:11:20 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>I agree that Olympus has boxed themselves in with the 4/3 sensor and
>it's why I haven't bought an E-x.

I'm not sure they are really boxed in. I really think 4/3" 12+mp sensors
with adequate noise characteristics are possible in the not too distant
future. I just don't see where there will be a need for any more sensor
resolution than that for any but certain pro and specialty uses.

And the E-500 looks good enough to move a lot of units ans sell a lot of
lenses. If so, economies of volume should give them the chance to make
some real money and afford the R&D to continue to develop the line.

Moose