[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:16:56 -0400
ScottGee1 wrote:
> Chuck, thanks for reminding me about this.  Noise is impressively low,
> but I'm not thrilled by what appears to be a lack of resolution.
> Still, given that it was shot at f/2.8, i.e., wide open, it's pretty
> good.

I downloaded the full image and printed it at roughly 8x10 size and it
looks very good to me.  Noise is hardly evident.  The 35mm 2.8 Stylus
Epic would be hard pressed to do better.

> Can we assume Simon used a tripod for his low light shots?
> If it was hand-held, this tells us only about noise.  Not sure a 'pod would be
> allowed in that environment.

I think a tripod is very unlikely.  It looks very good printed large
especially considering 1/4 second exposure.

Chuck Norcutt