[OM] Re: [Photo] OT E-1 October Surprise

Subject: [OM] Re: [Photo] OT E-1 October Surprise
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:18:55 -0700
Richard Lovison wrote:

>On 10/26/05, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>I guess we are in good with the weather gods and godesses. Last year on
>>this date, we were finishing up our last full day of an 18 day trip
>>mostly in Maine. These are a few of the 170+ pictures I took that day
>><http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/MtDesert/>.
>>

>Hi Moose,
>
>Nice shots... Tele Trees, Marsh, CRW_0664 and CRW_0731 being favorites.

Thanks! You can tell some of my favs from the fact that they were given
names for other uses. Amazingly enough, 731 is just as I saw it on the
ground, with the brown leaf underneath echoing the shape of the colorful
one on top.

>CRW_0682 I almost passed up but the more I looked, the more I liked it. Very
>unusual that you found interest or beauty in the evergreen dead branches.
>Nice composition for the subject.

664 and 682 are partly about contrasts of texture, esp. 682, and texture
is one of the things I find hardest to convery well in a reduced image
on the web. TeleTrees is about texture too, in addition to color, but
worked out better. I have a couple of other dead tree/branch shots from
the day that I should put in the gallery.

I almost wish I lived in such lovely country, but then I remember about
the winters. I'll stick to visiting for now. :-)

Moose