[OM] Re: Batteries

Subject: [OM] Re: Batteries
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:36:34 -0700
>I was going to place an order for 100 SR44 batteries through
>plainbrownwrapperbatteries.com, ($0.49 each)but then noticed that their
>minimum shipping charge for this (a 1 lb. package) was $19.
>Who can recommend a good source for batteries with a good price that is not

>undone in the end by the shipping charge ?
>
>John Hermanson
>Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
>21 South Lane, Huntington, NY 11743
>631-424-2121  |  omtech@xxxxxxxxx
>              www.zuiko.com
>Factory Trained OM Service since 1977

John,
I bought some off the bay, the company was swatchbattery and you can find
them at swatchbattery.com as well.

They offer different quantities on the bay that I didn't see on their web
site.

I bought Energizer brand.  Individual packaged in strips, like the picture
shown on the bay depicts.
There is no date marking on the battery package, so I guess you trust the
advertising.  They've worked OK in 4 bodies of mine.

One listing 4917826233 has 100 batteries for 74.99, 1.99 shipping but he
doesn't state the date of manufacture.
Another listing 5046989296 has 20 batteries for 16.99 1.99 shipping and
states August of 2005 for manufacture.

Jay Drew

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets