[OM] The jury is back in, and the new TOPE theme results are in!

Subject: [OM] The jury is back in, and the new TOPE theme results are in!
From: Olaf Greve <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:05:52 +0200
Hi all,

Well, after the previous call for votes a lot more votes actually made
their way to my mail box, in total 16 people (including myself) managed
to get their votes to me, and I think that's enough to determine the new
schedule. So, these votes resulted in the below overview (sorted). The
logic I used was to make the amount of votes (the first number that
follows the theme name - the higher, the better) leading, and then to
use the totals of the 'prioritised' positions each theme received (the
second column - the lower, the better) as a second key for sorting
between the ones with an equal amount of votes (note: the x means that
at least 1 person placed a non-prioritised vote on that theme; I didn't
really have to take that into account though).

Using this logic, the total list became (note: keep reading ahead, as
the final call is made below the list):

Technology      10      30x
Shadows         9       49x
Low Angle/Dog’s Eye View        9       52x
Rain    8       36
Silhouettes     7       43
Food    7       29x
Animals         7       39x
Still lifes     6       26
Colour  6       29
Toys    5       18x
Flora   5       20x
Signs   5       26x
Sports or Fast action photography       5       35x
Hands   4       14
Your living place       4       15
Opposites       4       28
Our offices     3       8
The human condition     3       11
Wide angle lens (35 or wider lenses incl those settings on a zoom)      3
11
Photos with white-color as main subject, and photos with black-color as
main subject.   3       12
Celebrations    3       14
Drama   3       16
Circles & Squares       3       17
Children        3       17
Commerce        3       21
Specific shapes 3       25
Speed   3       18x
Collection      3       5x
Normal lens (40-55 or eqv zoom settings)        2       6
Telephoto lens (75+ or eqv zoom setting)        2       9
Dealer's choice (Your Best Shot during the shooting interval)   2       11
Funny/bizarre shots     2       12
Mud     2       17
Creative use of shutter speeds and/or f stops   2       20
Existing art    2       2x
Bad photos      1       5
Family  0       0
Your least favorite lens (use your least favorite lens) 0       0
Your favorite lens (use your favorite lens)     0       0

Now, using that logic, the top 8 perse would become:

Technology      10      30x
Shadows         9       49x
Low Angle/Dog’s Eye View        9       52x
Rain    8       36
Silhouettes     7       43
Food    7       29x
Animals         7       39x
Still lifes     6       26

However, with the very small voting difference between the themes "Still
lifes" and "Colour" themes on the one hand, and the semi-overlap (or
rather: similarity) between the "Shadows" and "Silhouettes" themes as a
theme, I decided to come to the following themes (in this order):

Technology
Shadows/Silhouettes
Low Angle/Dog’s Eye View
Rain
Food
Animals
Still lifes
Colour

I'm happy with it, and I hope so is everyone else. :)

Cheers,
Olafo

PS: I'm still not receiving any list mail (I'll sort that out later when
I have some more time), so in case you'd like to reply, please send a CC
to my direct e-mail address as well...