[OM] Re: voigtlander 125/2.5 macro APO-Lanther for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: voigtlander 125/2.5 macro APO-Lanther for OM
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:03:49 -0700
usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>You're right---The host server is  a tough screener.  I fwd'd a copy to my own
>e-mail and the graphics and  proper formatting were present.  I would be happy
>to fwd the original file  with MTF  data and graph off list (still some weird
>stuff as translated from Japanese) to anyone interested in this quite nice
>macro lens for OM.  It does go to 1:1.  I don't know whether this would be
>considered "short throw."

Not sure what you mean by "short throw". With a projector, it means a
short focal length projection lens, so that a full size image can be
projected in a short room, i.e. the light is thrown a short distance.
125mm is certainly not a short fl for 35mm. Yes, I was a movie
projectionist during college. Long or short throw could also be used to
refer to the length of the theater.

Another possible meaning is a lens that goes from infinity to closest
focus in a short rotation of the focus ring. I can't imagine that two
full turns from infinity to 1:1 would be short throw. The Kiron 105/2.8
does it in about 1 3/4 turns and I don't feel that is short either.

In terms of distance from camera to subject or from front of the lens to
subject, 125mm is rather longer than usual for 35mm, a distinct
advantage for shooting critters, and a disadvantage with many copy
stands. not in any way "short".

Not sure what else it might mean.

Moose