[OM] Re: C-Mount to OM bodies

Subject: [OM] Re: C-Mount to OM bodies
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:42:18 -0500
    "Putting a C mount lens on an OM makes little sense to me."
    Not so, Moose--just put that C-mount lens on bass-ackwards, as they
(e.g., Walt?) would say.   In fact, I use an Elgeet 7mm wide-angle
D-mount (that's even smaller than the C-mount) lens from an 8mm movie
camera on my OM4T.  OK, it's used reversed--and I can get nearly 30X
magnification with this $25 set-up.  I have shot the scales at the edge
of a butterfly's wing, the two large front eyes of a jumping spider, and
other insect parts (parts, not the whole bug, but parts) with this.  It
goes well beyond what one can get with the 20mm OM macro lenses.  Truely
macro to the max, but on the cheap.
    Next month I take an evening course in using Dreamweaver.  I'll get
a web site going to share some of my macro shots after that.
     If you can't wait, two of my underwater macro shots have been
published in the recent issue of "Fly Times," a newsletter for people
who are interested in, well, flies.  Printed copies fly off the corner
news stands within minutes after arriving, so you're probably better off
going to the online version at:
www.nadsdiptera.org/News/FlyTimes/Flyhome.htm.  The shots are on pp. 10
and 11 of Issue 35.  If you've never seen a mountain midge
(Deuterophlebiidae) larva munching algae on a rock in Montana's Rosebud
River before, here's your chance.
Dean