[OM] Re: Unsubscribed?

From: jeff-keller@xxxxxxx (Jeff Keller)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 05:12:13 +0000
I wonder if some change was made recently to the list mail server that
significantly increases the odds that it's unable to send mail. It seems like
it might be trying to send a batch of mail but can't so it puts that in a
buffer. The next time it has mail, it sends the newest batch first, then tries
to send the older batch that it previously couldn't. That could explain why so
many people are seeing answers to questions that haven't been asked yet.

If somehow the list mail server keeps getting put on a spammer list it might be
blocked. It doesn't seem like it would get removed from the spammer list very
quickly though.

Something has definitely changed though...

-jeff