[OM] Re: [OT] Lenspen

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lenspen
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 15:01:52 +0100 (BST)
> Has anyone used Lenspen?
> It was given to me as a gift a year and a half ago, but I used the brush
> part only...I am reluctant to use the other end.  It looks like a small
> pollishing tool and apparently is soaked in some lenscleaning solution.
> Anyone knows what's that?
> And yes, I know that you prefer to use Kimwipes and Zeiss lens cleaning
> solution...:), but I would like to know how good the Lenspen is, because
> it is very convenient.
> Boris

I have tried it. It works ok, the tip is flexible rubber with some kind of
carbon fibre pad on the end and some kind of solution in the cap. Twist
the cap half a turn before you remove the cap.
Its good at getting rid of gunk but it runs out of solution quickly and
then you need to leave it with the cap on for a while to replenish. The
carbon pad will wear and eventually will come off.
If the lens surface has some condensation then the lens pen will deposite
little black fuzzy solid blobs. These can easily be blown off. If there is
a lot of grease on the lens the pen can become overloaded and then simply
move the grease around. In this case recap and leave for a while before
continuing.
James