[OM] Re: [OT] Lenspen

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Lenspen
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 09:06:48 -0500
Boris,
        I have no first hand experience, but a Google search proved
interesting. The pen contains a dry cleaning compound (graphite) which you use
to polish off the offending mark after first removing grit with the brush end.
Sounds scary although graphite is pretty soft stuff. I found a number of sites
extolling it's virtues (telescopes, binocs, cameras, etc.). Seems like it would
be a good field tool for cleaning a small area of a lens. My impression is that
it would not be suitable for cleaning a large area. I also wonder how it takes
up the graphite after it is done cleaning. My Grandmother used to use graphite
to lubricate her door locks and I remember it being pretty dirty material.

Charlie