[OM] Re: Motordrive Problems

Subject: [OM] Re: Motordrive Problems
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 13:54:49 -0500
> My releay cord apparently is the 'new' (and  not-so-improved) type: no
> locate pin at all and no trace of one ever being there. The bracket is
still pretty
> straight, but the tab has nicely rounded cornes.... Excellent diagnosis!
>
> Any hints for a cure?

Never tried it, but perhaps there's something you can do to the springs on
the front side to make them engage more securely and prevent lateral motion.

And while I'm loathe to suggest it (permanent changes are always the last
option), you might try filing off the rounded part until it's a sharper
corner again.  It will be hard to get to for filing, and the bracket will
still have _some_ lateral play, but as long as the notch in the back of the
MD is sharp it might keep it from sliding so far that the pins don't match.

> Regarding the other problem: the brass plate indeed was only held by two
> screws! The guy I bought the drive from had replaced the batteries, and
> apparently lost a screw. He clearly was more of an Electronic engineer
> than a Mechanical one. I hope for his sake.
> I had added a third one (I hadn't thought I'd ever recycle Practica
screws!).

So long as they aren't too long....

> The plastic washer is still in place, I'll take it out someday.

If it works....