[OM] Re: Trying a new gallery

Subject: [OM] Re: Trying a new gallery
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:46:18 -0300

> Don't feel bad about your editing skills. this is one of the few cases
> where a filter effect cannot be duplicated in an image editor. One can
> fix some shots, often with a lot of effort.
> Moose

Thanks for the explanation. At least I know now what I can't fix. Of course
I'm kicking myself now for not buying a simple 81a for the C5050. It's not
like I didn't know I needed an 81a, I just assumed I'd be able to correct
that in computer.

I already keep a tiffen 41 to 43mm tube over the lens, for lens protection
and a sort of lens hood. So how much would a 43mm 81a have cost? And put
that in perspective to the total cost of the trip to Bolivia. It's
unbelievable the stupid things I do sometimes.

On our previous trip in May of this year, most of our time was spent at a
location that was about 7-8000 ft. altitude, and I didn't notice much
problem with the C5050 without an 81a, although for slides I use one even at
that altitude. But this month we spent quite a bit of time 12-14,500 ft.,
and there is a huge difference in the UV effect, especially when you go over
12,000 ft.

Wayne