[OM] Re: Prop preparation

Subject: [OM] Re: Prop preparation
From: David Carter <spotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:42:09 +1300

FWIW

Crocodile posing can be achieved by attaching pieces of meat to long strings
attached to bamboo canes :-) . Source "The Camera Never Lies". The
photographic proof was created in 1907. Unfortunately they didn't state
wherethese trained crocs reside ;-)

David

Chuck Norcutt wrote: GeeBee wrote: Much has been made of the way I use props
to improve composition and I make no apology for it. To my way of thinking
ifa shot can be improved by a plastic flamingo then in it goes. I am willing
to admit that the crocodile I used to beef up my Florida holiday snaps was
overly ambitious and it was certainly not my intention to choke the Burmese
Python. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4313978.stm[1]
---------------------------------------------------------- Seems you need
another trip to Florida to learn the difference between crocs and gators.
Butsince the gator's head is not actually visible in this shot you can be
forgiven. Or perhaps the props you are purchasing are too cheaply made to be
other than generic crocodilians. :-) Chuck Norcutt
http://www.zuikoholic.com[2] List nannies: olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx[3]

--- Links ---
   1 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4313978.stm
   2 http://www.zuikoholic.com