[OM] Re: OM4 metering problem (?)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 metering problem (?)
From: Guillaume Remy <guillaumme_75@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:19:31 +0100 (CET)
OK, I didn't receive Digest #302, so I don't know if there were other answers.
Chuck, thank you; I
suspected something like that. Your temporary fix also works on old stereo
amplifiers :-)
(Successful tested method)

Nevertheless, can somebody tell me where I can send in my OM4, not too far away
from Belgium ? How
much will I spend thereon ?

Guillaume

---

Sounds like your ASA and/or exposure compensation dials are dirty.  A
CLA should fix them up.  For a temporary fix try rotating them back and
forth rapidly NUMEROUS times to scrub the dirt/corrosion off the
brushes
and contacts.  Check again against your mother's OM-1 with all things
equal.  For framing try a blank wall or clear sky to be sure the
cameras
are seeing exactly the same thing.  You might also want to do this
ahead
of your cleaning action just so you have something to compare against.
ie; did you change anything by scrubbing the dials.  Also try at
different ASA settings to see if the problem has been resolved or maybe
just moved to another setting (dirt slid around somewhere else)

If this works it may just be temporary and the problem may return.  It
really should be CLA'd eventually.  You'll be happier.

Chuck Norcutt