[OM] Re: USA Southwest

Subject: [OM] Re: USA Southwest
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 06:09:18 +0000
Just cover their ears, unless they can lip-read ... ;-)

E.g. "If the engine had not stopped, the aircraft may not have
crashed." (should be "might not").

Implied meaning of use of "may".  "Although the aircraft is overdue,
it may not have crashed."

"Might" is useful when referring to future or past, whereas "may"
refers to something related to the present.

Since this is seriously OT now, I suggest that any extended reply to
this post go to me direct :-)

Chris
~~ >-)-
C M I Barker