[OM] Re: Fw: Re: OT Digital Point and Shoot

Subject: [OM] Re: Fw: Re: OT Digital Point and Shoot
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:18:00 -0800
John Hermanson wrote:

>All the verves are gone from the dealer price list, they are all discontinued,
>but I bet you can still find them around.

This just confirms my belief that at least most of the manufacturers
make an estimate of market, set up the assembly line, turn out the
decided number of cameras, then junk the unique tooling and set up for
the next model. How long the camera is available is simply a matter of
how long the single, initial stock lasts.

Not saying this is good or bad, just an interesting change from the
previous ways.

Moose