[OM] photographing fireworks with an om4ti

Subject: [OM] photographing fireworks with an om4ti
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 11:14:04 -0000 (GMT)

My parents have invited me to a fire work display this friday. I have
never taking fireworks before. I have got good results with my om4ti in
hong kong taking photos at night of the lights in auto with velvia 100f
underexposing by 1/3 of a stop. So I would like the groups wisdom on
taking fireworks...

Is auto ok for taking fireworks? I only shoot slide film (plus the
occasional xp2) so I don't have much in the way of exposure latitude to
play with. A quick web search says run around f8 and use several seconds
exposure. Ok velvia 100F is fine for up to around 60 seconds and I could
run on B with a cable release and guess the exposure or hope the 4ti gets
it right. any ideas, experiences???

Regards
James