[OM] Re: OM4 metering problem (?)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 metering problem (?)
From: bartjew@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 12:21:19 +0100
William,

I've brought my camera to Harspel Camera Service, that's a full-time
repair shop in Rotterdam-Zuid. I believe he has worked for the import
company as a repair man, now he is running his own business.

I presented him with my comatose  OM-4, and he claimed to be able
to revive it. It wouldn't get his first priority, but by now it has been a
couple of months; he should finish this week. If he's any good, I'll
have some more jobs for him, starting with adjusting the light meters
of my OM-1s for Alkaline batteries.

I know Jaap Korten. I've met him a few times. Bought a 35/2 and a T32
from him. He is a nice knowledgable guy, and has reasonable prices
and sells under guarantee. And he is at a location that I can easily visit :o)
I understand he runs his Zuiko shop next to his daytime job. He told me
he does his repairs only on Tuesdays, together with a 'partner' in the
vicinity of Rotterdam. That *might* actually be the same Harspel guy, but
that's just a wild guess. There could be a dozen Olympus repairmen in
Rotterdam, as the importer is seated in that city.

Cheers,
Bart

Citeren Wiliam Wagenaar <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> Bart wrote:
>

> Guillaume,
>
> I hope to get my old OM4 back in a week or something from a repairman in
> Rotterdam (The Netherlands). Is that near enough? I'll try to remember
> posting the verdict if he did a good job or not.
>
> Cheers,
> Bart
> ----
> If it is "Wide-Angle" / Jaap Korten you did send the body to then I can
> testify that he does great jobs for low prices. I know him since about
> 1998
> and have dealt with him several times. My experienc was good but as
> allwasy
> YMMV.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Wiliam

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Nu 12 maanden gratis Live Eredivisievoetbal bij 20 Mb ADSL voor maar
EUR 39,95 per maand. Bestel op www.versatel.nl/voetbal