[OM] Re: ISO3200 on Om-30?

Subject: [OM] Re: ISO3200 on Om-30?
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 15:59:55 -0500
Hi Bao,

If the meter setting only goes up 1600 then you are not going to be able to
apply exposure compensation further than that. To prove this to yourself set
the camera to 800 then try and apply two stops of compensation, you should
find you can go two stops over but only one stop under. This is due to the
limits of the range of the meter.

What will work is to set the meter for 1600 and shoot in Manual mode. You
will need to compensate with your settings based on the manual reading to be
one stop underexposed (so if the meter says you need 1/60th then set the
shutter for 1/125 leaving the aperture setting unchanged).

HTH, Dan S.