[OM] Re: Steppin' on the Slippery Slope, and a few 18/3.5 shots

Subject: [OM] Re: Steppin' on the Slippery Slope, and a few 18/3.5 shots
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:09:40 -0800 (PST)
> I¹m going to try out a 5D on my next architectural shoot.

I had a chat this weekend with the CDFO and broached the subject
of augmenting the kit with a 5D.  Of course, it was all in the
context of successfully increasing revenue through another
marketing stream.

Prit'ner ran off the road when she said "sounds like a good
idea".

I did caution her in saying that the new E-x pro body may be in
order instead, but at least the dirty work is done--breaking the
news that I want to spend multiple thousands on a new camera.
If the new E-x body is at least 10-12MP and offers all of the
bells and whistles we want, I'll probably stay the course, but
if this new revenue stream works out, I'll just get whatever I
need to do the job--and it may end up being a 5D or used 1DS.

However, in the meantime, I'm back to shooting some Fujichrome
again in the OM-2S.  I shot exclusively digital this past
weekend and was kicking myself repeatably for not having Velvia
loaded OMs with me as I just couldn't get the shot correct
without the right wide-angle setup.

Oh, at my current shoot rate, I will probably have shot over
30,000 images when I reach my two-year anniversary mark of
digital camera ownership.  Not too shabby.

(don't ask about keeper ratio...)

AG

http://farechase.yahoo.com