[OM] Re: ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating magnificat

Subject: [OM] Re: ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating magnification from focal length and focusing distance
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 14:21:35 -0500
I guess I should have posted the bits from Shaw about why you don't want
to bother with the math.  As Walt mentioned: "With lenses like the 90/2
Zuiko and its ilk, your guess is as good as mine about where to measure
from."  you need too much data about some modern lenses to be able to
make the math work for you.

The empirical method works perfectly fine, is totally accurate and a lot
easier.  However, it will only satisfy the engineers and not the
scientists.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt