[OM] OM] ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating magnification f

Subject: [OM] OM] ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating magnification from
From: USHER99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:03:23 -0500
I trust one can use Chuck's nice summary of John Shaw's approach to calculate
off camera non-TTL fill flash for Macro?? Another member kindly provided the
formula for the light attenuation due to magnification  (10/31), though it is
not clear to me that that accounts for the extension per se as well.  Would the
thyristor in the hot shoe read approximately as the incident light meter?  I
suppose one would need to repeat the process with a 2x teleconverter and/or a
combination of ext tubes and TC.  I suppose this is not too much trouble after
the charts are constructed.
Mike