[OM] Re: ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating

Subject: [OM] Re: ?simple? problem driving me nuts... calculating magnification from focal length and focusing distance
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 23:13:43 +1100
> I repeated the results with the aeIII primism which displays
> the shutter speed in half stops and got very simular results
> - bearing in mind the lower measurement accuracy. Certainly
> there is no indication of a decrease in shutter speed with
> the aeIII when I compare infitnity on the zoom at 220mm and
> 1m on the zoom @220mm focal length and acording to the maths
> there should be half a stop loss.

An interesting experiment to try:

a. Measure the exposure for an evenly lit wall 10m away from the camera with
the lens focussed at 10m.
b. Measure the exposure with the lens focussed to 1m without moving the
camera relative to the wall.
c. Measure the exposure with the lens focussed to 1m moving the camera so
that it's 1m from the wall.

Compare the measurements in a, b & c.

...Wayne