[OM] Re: OM-1 meter modification, was: Re: OM4 metering problem (?)

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 meter modification, was: Re: OM4 metering problem (?)
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 21:30:22 -0400

> I'm not sure I'd call the MR-9. cheap. I have a couple for convenience,
> but don't think they are cheap. Cheap is putting a diode under the top
> plate. Of course, you can move the MR-9 to another camera easily,
> convenience again.
>
> Moose

Cheap is making an adapter from the diode, two small bits of aluminum foil,
and a bit of black electrical tape, that fits in the battery well along with
the 357 :-). I made one that works fine. I've also soldered a diode in line
on one of my 35RC's, which works fine as well. I got tired of the 675's
going flat in a few months, so that isn't so great a solution in my
experience, even though it's cheap.

I still think the mercury battery works the best, which is why I bought a
small stash of them when I had the chance. Ken Rockwell got 20 years out of
one in a Min*lta srt102, http://www.kenrockwell.com/minolta/srt102.htm , so
at that rate I guess I'm set to live to about 150.

Wayne