[OM] [OT] Ftp connections (to godaddy.com)

Subject: [OM] [OT] Ftp connections (to godaddy.com)
From: orava@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 09:21:15 +0200 (EET)

>From the recent messages I can see that we have lots of computer experts
>around
here. I have a very off topic question for you:

I bought a hosting account from GoDaddy.com. (I thought that I bought good
service, but looks like I thought wrong...) My problem is that ftp connection
to my account does not work. I have used several ftp clients: Filezilla, WS Ftp
and CoffeeCup. Godaddy has also a java based ftp client on their site. The same
problem occurs with all these clients.

I can start a ftp connection. I can even move few files. But always after just
few files or after few megabytes are transferred the connection always breaks.
It sometimes breaks up even earlier but the client is able to automatically log
on again. When that last and final connection break comes the ftp client just
shows the message: "421 Sorry, there are already 3 users from 80.221.30.206
logged on.  Try again in 10 minutes." I can't understand this message because I
have (tried) to set my ftp clients to try to make only one connection at the
time. If I try to log in again the ftp client keeps on telling me the same
thing. I have to wait for atleast about 20 to 30 minutes before a new ftp
connection is succeeded.

I searched the internet and found this:
http://www.specht.com.au/michael/2005/09/03/setting-up-a-new-hosting-provider/

Looks like the writer of that blog had a similar problem. Godaddy couldn't find
a solution. He lived in Australia (if I remember right.) I live in Finland.
Could there be some problem with the servers of my internet connection service
producer? I have firewall and antivirus software on my computer but I am quite
sure that they are not intervened with this problem.

Godaddy technical support is not too interested in this problem. Looks like I
have to try to get a refund. But if any of you have any ideas on this matter
please share those ideas!

Olli