[OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 14:26:31 -0800 (PST)
> I've seen some nice ice photos from that area. Will Lake
> Superior be frozen then, or just the inland lakes? I've seen
> some really nice ice photos taken there.

Generally, there will be a solid icepack that extends several
hundred yards/meters from the shore. Lake Superior will freeze
over in extreme winters, but usually there is some form of open
water to cause lake-effect snows.  In recent winters, thanks to
Global Warming (or whatever climate cycles you prefer to believe
in), the upper lakes have remained relatively open.  But I've
been told of winters where you could take a snowmobile out miles
from the shore.

Now that I've scaired everybody off from the workshop because of
bugs, I better set the record straight.

THERE ARE NO FLIES, MOSQUETOES, GNATS, OR OTHER FLYING VERMIN IN
THE WINTER!  They're all vacationing in Florida, Texas and
Arizona.  Any that still remain would be pretty sluggish and can
be trained as housepets.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com