[OM] Re: USA Southwest

Subject: [OM] Re: USA Southwest
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:41:00 -0400
On 11/3/05, James N. McBride <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, it may be a bit too much and too far off-topic but still very
> interesting. I was actually thinking about creation of bastardized words,
> which those using the English language do so frequently. /jmac

Russian has it's own fun with being able to turn just about anything
into a verb by adding a -irovat' ending. Gets done a lot with borrowed
words (mainly from English) and creates some truly attrocious
linguistic additions. A favourite one that I heard about was
nokoytirovat' (I think that's the proper transliteration), better
rendered in English as knockout-irovat', which was the verb to deliver
a knockout punch.