[OM] E-500 availability

Subject: [OM] E-500 availability
From: robburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:02:11 +0000
The Olympus E-500 two lens kit is available at <yesmicro.com> (a chain of
stores) for $858.95. Shipping by FedEx is $6.95. At last look they had 85 on
hand. Demand must be good. Price has gone up. Purchased mine for $831.54
delivered. Ordered it late Monday evening. It arrived yesterday afternoon. It
appears to be a terrific little camera, light weight, but solid construction.
Except for the battery compartment/grip extension, it isn't much bigger than
the OM. Lenses are larger of course. The viewfinder is small compared to the
OMs, but adequate. I think the small viewfinder complaints are mostly
nitpicking. Camera is loaded with features that will take me a while to figure
out. I am looking forward to it. Camera gets it's maiden voyage tomorrow when
I make an excursion to a local forest preserve to catch some Fall foliage.

My son has an E-300. He is seriously considering trading it in for an E-500.
Perhaps this camera will give Olympus a boost in the DSLR market.

Robert