[OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)

Subject: [OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:14:19 -0500
Sort of Contributing to the the same (very OT) theme . . .

Back in the '80s I worked for Epson.  Playing music through a computer
was a novelty at the time and the company contracted a chap from the
UK who could make our CP/M machines 'sing'.  I met him at a trade show
while he was at our booth demonstrating his music.  As we talked I
recognized his accent sounded very much like a couple members of The
Who.  I asked if he was from their area -- Shepard's Bush.  He screwed
up his face, glared at me and announced, "NO, of course not!  That's
about 12 miles away!"

In my world, that would be close but apparently to those who know
London, it might as well be another country.

What may have thrown me off was the he was a dead ringer for Roger
Daltrey -- could've been his older brother.  Believe me, I was afraid
to make any inquiries about his dad . . .

ScottGee1