[OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)

Subject: [OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 19:19:01 -0500
Different accents (same words, different pronunciation) or
different dialects  (different words).

On 4 Nov 2005 at 18:55,
Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Lol Lol Lol.....
>
> Yes, in Spanish we pronounce each word as spelled. Nevertheless,
> even in my own little country, we 'sing' each word or sentence
> different if you are from a different region - and regions are no
> more than 300 Km away from each other... This particular 'singing'
> is named <prosodia> in Spanish - and cannot find a translation for
> it in my bilingual dictionary :-(
>
> Fernando.
>
> on 3/11/2005 21:26, Winsor Crosby at wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:
>
> > Unlike the subject of this thread. :-)
> >
> > Winsor
> > Long Beach, California, USA
> >
> > On Nov 3, 2005, at 11:58 AM, tOM Trottier wrote:
> >
> >> I think Spanish and Italian also have consistent spelling and
> >> pronunciation.

---

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
                Abacurial Information Architecture
                            SETI stats