[OM] [OT] Gratuitous Vogons [was German Translation required ...]

Subject: [OM] [OT] Gratuitous Vogons [was German Translation required ...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 17:23:29 -0800
bartjew@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I tried that with the first item, but it came out as Vogon Poetry ;o)

Against my better judgment, but social pressure and curiosity got the
better of me, I just watched the new Hitchhiker's Guide.

To be fair, there are a handful of clearly Adamsesque additions that are
individually enjoyable. Then there are all the additions, deletions and
changes that take away most of the better qualities of the books and TV
versions - and most of the story. Douglas Adams is listed as
scriptwriter, but he had lost something or was on a very short leash.
Maybe that's what killed him....

Not all that much gained from the big budget; looks better sometimes,
but feels worse. The first part of the trip through the shop floor of
Magrathea's planet factory was fun, though.

Alan Rickman was great for Marvin's voice, but I hated that silly
little, Disney type, Marvin. Too little and silly to carry the necessary
gravity. The bit appearances by Marvin and others from the TV cast was fun.

And what's with all those silly, slow, stupid Vogons? It's like they
paid for the costumes for the first part, so they had to write in a lot
of drivel to amotize the cost?

Moose