[OM] Tokina Mirror Lens

Subject: [OM] Tokina Mirror Lens
From: LostKase <lostkase2003@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:53:35 -0800 (PST)
 I took off work today to try and  shoot some fall
colors. I had recently bought some out of date Fuji
NPC 160 film. As always I took too many lenses, I have
only shot my Tokina 500mm Mirror lens once before and
I seemed somehow to have avoided the dreaded "donuts"
as I did this time. I also shot a distant shot of a
hillside but the contrast was so poor I was very
dissapointed. This shot however came out pretty well
in my opinion. Its no artistic masterpiece, but I was
pleased with the resolution and contrast. The depth of
field is a little shallow but all in all I was
surprised by it this time. The print is a bit sharper
than my scan. I may have to play with this lens a bit
more. Has anyone compared the Tokina to the Zuiko or
Tamron? I seem to have heard the Tokina is a poor
performer.
http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/tokina.jpg

Bob Docherty

http://farechase.yahoo.com