[OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop - now a little Texas bragging

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop - now a little Texas bragging
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 09:50:21 -0800
I had an interesting talk with a young man from Australia who waited
on me in a shop. High on his list of things he liked about living
here was the lack of bugs. He related a story to me about working on
a ranch(my word, not his) in the Outback as a cook. They were just
dishing up breakfast for the hands one morning when someone spotted a
cloud on the horizon and yelled out for everyone to eat it or lose
it. In minutes they were inundated in a cloud of flies that ate
everything in sight. They travel in herds.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA