[OM] Re: USA Southwest

Subject: [OM] Re: USA Southwest
From: Andrew Dacey <adacey@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:30:38 -0400
On 11/4/05, Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think Andrew D gave a good answer (although he still calls the Bulgarian
> alphabet Cyrillic...:), but here are few observations:

No, I said that the Bulgarian alphabet is a variant of the Cyrillic
alphabet. Much as the Russian alphabet is a variant of the Cyrillic
alphabet. There are letters in the original Cyrillic alphabet that
don't appear in either modern Bulgarian or Russian. And the spelling
rules and word construction are certainly different (such as Bulgarian
using the hard sign as a vowel).