[OM] Re: E-500 shipment delayed!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 shipment delayed!!
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:34:58 -0500
IMO, Dell has been coasting for a long time on a reputation they
earned many years ago.  Why so many large companies continue to buy
from them is a mystery to me.  The company for which I work still
does, but overorders to compensate for the DOAs or units that fail on
installation or shortly after arrival.

On of our chief IT guys says the workstations are still OK but the
compenents used in the regular desktop stuff continues to decline in
quality.  Between that and poor customer service I certainly wouldn't
hand over any of my hard earned $$ to them.  See this link for details
of customer experiences:

They seem better for finished goods from other companies but if their
name is on it, be careful.

FWIW/ScottGee1