[OM] Re: [OT] Gratuitous Vogons [was German Translation required ...]

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Gratuitous Vogons [was German Translation required ...]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 01:52:28 -0800
Winsor Crosby wrote:

>Thank you, Marc,  for the recommendations. The number of Pratchett
>novels on the shelf at the store was daunting. I did read The Thief
>of Time and enjoyed it. The Death of rats, really.

I too enjoy Pratchett, although the number I have read and my memory of
them pales next to Marc.  :-) Pratchett is one of those amazingly
prolific authors, and as with many of them, many of his books are quite
similar. That said, all that I have read are quite funny and enjoyable
and have both a satiric outlook on conventional religion and wisdom
and/or a touch of Eastern philosophical/spiritual outlook that I enjoy.
I tend to read one every so often, rather than all at once. I have a
fair number waiting to be read; makes me happy to know they are there,
waiting for the right times.

If you liked Good Omens, you might like Neil Gaiman too. I haven't done
his graphic novel series, but enjoyed American Gods and particularly
Neverwhere.

And I agree with Marc. The likelihood of any one who likes Pratchett not
liking The Hitchhikers Guide books seems rather low to me.

Moose