[OM] Re: want wide angle for om and also selftimer cover

Subject: [OM] Re: want wide angle for om and also selftimer cover
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 11:58:32 -0500
The Phoenix 19-35 is reputed to be pretty good considering the price
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=208212&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
Also the Vivitar Series 1 19-35
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=162973&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
Both are probably the same lens reputedly made by Cosina.

There also used to be a Samyang 18-28 said by some to be of better build
quality (metal) than the Phoenix/Vivitar (plastic) but said by others to
be not quite as good optically.  My guess is there's probably not much
difference between them optically.

I can't find any current listing for the Samyang so you'd probably have
to look for one on ebay.

I have a 17mm 3.5 Tokina bought from a list member but haven't used it
enough to render any judgement on its optical quality.  I'm not much of
a wide angle person.  Even my 24/2.8 Zuiko doesn't get used very much.

Chuck Norcutt