[OM] Re: Critter shots [was Tokina Mirror Lens]

Subject: [OM] Re: Critter shots [was Tokina Mirror Lens]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:13:46 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

>It appears that there are a bunch of St. Patrick's Day donuts hanging on
>strings in the background.  :-)

Yeah, they are really ugly in the full frame version also in the
gallery, but I count on the action at center stage to distract the
viewer in the crops. :-)

>Is that what you feed them for treats?

I was afraid food might break up the party!

A few months ago, some of the much bigger squirrels we have here were
doing the competitive courting thing in a big juniper. They were moving
so fast, sliding through the tree and even falling and returning, that I
didn't get any good pics. Too bad my videocam doesn' work sinnce one son
borrowed it.

By the way, the squirrels we have all over here don't seem to exist. The
Audobon Mammal book only shows large gray squirrels here, which I never
see. What we have look like the Eastern Fox Squirrel in the book. There
is one in my TOPE "Through a Window" entry
<http://www.millennics.com/olympus/tope/tope_show_entry.php?event=19&pic=26>.

Of course, I've also seen and photographed a Muskrat far out of the
marked range. And we have a flock of wild turkeys in the neighborhood,
again well outside the marked range.

Moose