[OM] Re: Christmas is coming...

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas is coming...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 13:42:10 -0800
Mike Lees wrote:

>Thanks for the suggestions so far.
>
>Unfortunately a laptop is out of the question. I already have one but,
>since I am self-employed and work in IT, my wife has banned it from
>holidays so I cannot be tempted to work while we are away.

So show her how it can record and play TV (with a PC card) and how it
works as a DVD player. :-)

And if she falls for it, really don't do work on vacation. I had access
to the list on our vacation, but I stayed away and spent my time with
Carol Anne. I also told the client with an active project that I was
unavailable on vacation for the period. She got to see the pictures I
had taken when she wanted to, which made her feel better about the time
I spent taking them. And she got to keep up with her email and I didn't
"disappear into the computer". So the notebook is a welcome companion on
our vacations. Next time we might even have a day slow/dull enough to
watch a DVD on it. I woudn't want that on some trips, but a Week in
Puerto Vallerta in Dec. is up next and some lazing is in order there.

Moose