[OM] Re: WTT/WTB: Olympus OM ---> T mount for OM --> M42 mount

Subject: [OM] Re: WTT/WTB: Olympus OM ---> T mount for OM --> M42 mount
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:01:09 -0800
james olson wrote:

>I just ordered the wrong mount, so if anyone is looking for an OM to
>T-mount, and has an extra OM - M42/Pentax Screw mount they'd be willing to
>trade or sell, I'd be delighted!

Be aware that M42 thread to OM mount adapters must have a correction
lens to achieve infinity focus. There are some sold that are purely
mechanical connections and they will not allow focus to infinity.

It's all a matter of the flange to film "register" distance.

I'm not suggesting tht you not get one, just that you get the right one.
According to tests by Herb Keppler in Modern Photography, the correction
lenses have very little effect on sharpness
<http://medfmt.8k.com/bronmounts.html#opto>. I've seen adapters to Nik*n
bodies advertised with double element corrector lenses, but I haven't
run across one for OM.

Moose