[OM] Re: In over my head!

Subject: [OM] Re: In over my head!
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:07:42 -0500
Chuck, it's good to hear that Sekonic has apparently resolved a
problem they had with fill flash.  I had a 508 a number of years ago
that simply could not meter flash in sunlight.  Sekonic
couldn't/wouldn't help and that meter got gone in a hurry.  I never
got used to properly switching between spot and incident anyway.

ScottGee1

On 11/7/05, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SNIP!
> I use a Sekonic L-358 primarily because it has a "percentage flash"
> feature which makes it very handy for fill flash.  When you take a fill
> flash reading outdoors you get a reading for the proper total exposure
> and you also get a notice of the percentage of the total (in 10%
> increments) that was due to flash.  20-40% is usually a good value for
> fill flash so it makes it very easy to determine when all is right.
> Just adjust the flash power control or move the flash closer or further
> away if it's on a stand as I like to do for outdoor portraits.
SNIP!