[OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:50:55 -0500
I find that for my tastes, after a while, Kelby's attempts at humor get
in the way of getting on with the business at hand.  For working on
photos I recommend Katrin Eismann's "PhotoShop Restoration &
Retouching".  This is my bible.  This book assumes you are a
photographer and not a graphics artist.  It's very direct and to the
point and is intended to teach you specific techniques, usually in a
half dozen pages or less.  Highly recommended.  The third edition is
just now coming out and will be available soon.  I have the second.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0321316274/qid=1131381832/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/102-7391642-2729728?v=glance&s=books>

If you only have Elements you'll have to figure out something different
when curves come into play but I think the vast majority of what's in
Eismann's book can probably be done with Elements 3.

Chuck Norcutt