[OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free

Subject: [OM] Re: Another Christmas present that wasn't quite so free
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 11:56:38 -0800 (PST)
> If you've been using PhotoShop since 1.0 there may not be many
> more tricks to teach you but Eismann's book is anything but
> what you describe  as typical of the big brick bookstores.

Well, I did step off the PhotoShop Upgrade Treadmill many years
ago and went with alternatives that didn't break the bank.  Same
with Corel Draw.  I forgot which version it was that they
introduced and offered ZERO upgrade discount.  There were quite
a few of us that bailed at that point.  Once the Multimedia
industry tanked, it became a moot point for me.

Your comments about Eismann's book is intruiging. I'll give it
another looksee.  I'm interested in books that help develop
standardized processes in Digital PP.  Also, I wouldn't mind
learning more about some of these tricks on changing backgrounds
and such.

Recently I came across a decent book (forgot the author) on
digital post-production for the portrait photographer.  There
was an entire chapter devoted to reducing the size of somebody's
ears.  Very detailed and informative.  Another chapter was
devoted to cloning.  However, there was not even a complete
paragraph devoted to workflow and image management.

I'm still waiting for John Shaw to write a good Digital
post-production book.  His, in my opinion, are among the best
photography books out there.

AG

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs