[OM] Re: shooting stars

Subject: [OM] Re: shooting stars
From: Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:48:36 -0600
I don't know much of the theorem, it seems to me that the more f the
more sharp in the long distance, so everytime I shoot view, I try to
increase the f as much as my hand can handle the shutter speed. The
star is really has a great distance, so I had an envision I should
maximize the f for shooting stars. Could you explain why it will be
extreme ?

thanks.

On 11/7/05, Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Komtanoo,
>
> Why are you shooting at f16? Even if you're including trees or buildings in
> your image, it seems a bit extreme. If you are shooting just the sky, use
> the lens wide open or 1 stop down otherwise you're just forcing a needless
> longer exposure.
>
> If you are near to an electrical outlet, a portable blow hair dryer will
> help with the dew. Here's a link for instructions on building a dew zapper
> or heating element as mentioned in earlier posts:
>
> http://www.astro.uwo.ca/~rasc/HEATER.pdf
>
> Richard
>
> On 11/7/05, Komtanoo Pinpimai <romerun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> > Well, I'm using OM-1n, 50mm lens, and a remote control wire, asa 800
> > negative film, that's all. I adjusted focus to inf, asa to 100,
> > aperture to 16, and shutter to B mode. I'd tried to do it many times
> > with my stupid compact(It can delay its shutter up to 2 mins, but I
> > found out later that 2 mins will never catch a star so I bought OM,
> > but faced the dew problem instead).

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

do you know why MAC is no as fast as PC ?
It's because the company doesn't focus only on
computers or electronic equipments.They also
sell burgers and fry.