[OM] more people pictures from the Bolivian Andes

Subject: [OM] more people pictures from the Bolivian Andes
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:31:32 -0400
This older gentleman walked with two canes, and was quite unsteady when on
his feet. In spite of that he had walked down a fairly steep and precarious
mountain pathway so that he could meet with us and recieve a radio.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/948959/1/43647358

In the morning the folks boiled up dried corn, and that is what most of them
ate for breakfast.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/948959/1/43647360

This shot is too obviously posed, but it does show one the primitive tools
they use. Probably most of us have used a pick at one time, but perhaps not
with quite so rough a handmade handle. Behind the man is a working
water-driven mill for grinding their corn and other grain. We saw several of
these and I hope to post some info and pics of them later.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/948959/1/43647362

These two men were bringing into the camp site firewood for the ladies who
were cooking, and dried corn for the donkeys. The pictures are backlit, so
not the greatest pictures, but they do show the way these people typically
work. Personally, I do well to carry my camera and water bottle at such high
altitudes.
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/948959/1/43647364
http://pastway.smugmug.com/gallery/948959/1/43647368

Wayne