[OM] [OT] Speaking of Squirrels

Subject: [OM] [OT] Speaking of Squirrels
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 07:08:58 -0800 (PST)
I apologize for resending the message.

Chuck,
Moose pretty much summed up what's involved...
He was a guest of our house for about a two weeks. We did not know
what we were getting into at first, but quickly found out thanks to
the Internet.
At first, the plan was to keep him as a family pet, but since we
like to travel, we couldn't keep him, because he had special needs and we
thought that would be too much to ask for from our friends.
It seems that the main reason little squirrels don't survive is the
lack of proper feeding. One needs special formula and also the will
to get up a few times at night...plus a good electric heating pad.
He was perfectly happy and healthy at the time when we surrendered him
to the only squirrel rehab facilities in a hundred miles radius.
Proper release to the wild should be done by professionals only.
Boris